Ivan Preston Award
AAA Call for Nominations for the Ivan Preston Outstanding Contribution to Research on Advertising Award
The American Academy of Advertising Ivan Preston Outstanding Contribution to Research on Advertising Award is designed to honor an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the discipline of advertising through a systematic and sustained program of published research. The award carries a one thousand dollar prize. This award will be given only to active and contributing AAA members for exemplary research on advertising and is not necessarily awarded every year.
To be eligible, a nominee must have
1. Received a doctorate more than 20 years ago.
2. Been promoted to rank of Full Professor (not Assistant or Associate Professor) prior to nomination.
3. Been an active member of AAA for at least 5 years prior to nomination.
Active Membership is defined as:
1. Must have been an AAA member for the last five consecutive years.
2. Must have participated in AAA conference activities in one or more of the following ways in the last five years:
• Session chair or discussant
• Track chair
• Paper presentation
• Special topics session
• Reviewer of papers for the AAA conference
3. In addition, active membership should include at least one, but probably two of the following:
• AAA Committee Member
• AAA Committee Chair
• AAA Officer
• AAA Newsletter Editor
• Journal of Advertising Editorial Review Board or have served as an ad hoc reviewer for several years.
Nomination materials should include the following
1. A letter of nomination providing an overview of the nominee's research contributions
2. At least two supporting letters from leading scholars
3. The nominee's curriculum vitae.
4. Copies of the nominee's five most influential works (include a representative chapter if one of the five works is a book).
The above materials must be submitted electronically to the AAA Awards Committee Chair (Joe Phelps: email@example.com ) by November 7, 2016. The winner will be notified prior to the AAA Conference and is required to attend the conference to receive the award. The award will be announced at the 2017 AAA Conference and communicated to the membership through the AAA Newsletter.
Send materials electronically to :
AAA Awards Committee